Here's a guide to joining an Inside Government Event on Zoom
- Click on the zoom link in the joining instructions sent to you. We normally send these out 1 week prior to the event or webinar. We will also send out a reminder via email 1 day before the event.
- Sign in with your name and email address. Remember your name will be visible to other participants so put something else if you aren't happy about this.
- Enjoy it! We create our online events and webinars to help you address and resolve your challenges and our objective is for you to meet your objectives.
Before the Event:
To ensure you are all set prior to the event, it would be worth following these points.
- Check your connection beforehand. You can conduct a quick speedtest, which will take less than a minute, and you should be aiming for
a 'Ping' result of less than 20, and 'Upload' should be more than 1. If you are having connection issues, please find more help here.
- Ensure your microphone and camera are working ahead of the session for involvement in Q&As or networking.
- If you are unsure of how to join the event, check these instructions here.
Tips during the Event:
- Ensure your microphone is on mute as you enter, and at all times through the day, unless you are speaking.
- If you have a question, submit your questions via the Q&A function at the bottom of your screen (speakers will be able to view these). You will be told in advance if this function is not available for the event, and instead you will be able to submit questions via the live chat function.
- If you have a comment, feel free to submit your ideas or thoughts on the live chat via the function at the bottom of the screen.
- If you would like to speak, particularly during a training course, use the raise your hand function so our chair knows your would like to contribute.
- Our preference is for our delegates to have their cameras on so our speakers can view their virtual audience. Of course, feel free to switch your camera off if you are taking a break. Please use a display name you are happy for fellow participants and speakers to see if your camera is switched off. Our online events will be recorded and may be circulated and used for promotional purposes in future.
- When watching the content, please click the gallery view via the button on the top right. This will allow you to see all the speakers involved in the discussion.
After the Event:
Remember the story doesn't end when you have logged off.
- Be sure to fill out the online survey sent to you after the event, this is very important to ensure we continuously improve our events.
- Follow our event hashtag and Twitter page for further updates.
- Keep in touch! We are a community offering content and ideas throughout the year, we would love to hear from you on your stories, ideas and challenges.
Still unsure about how to get ready for the event? Please see below our guides to any questions or queries you may have in getting ready to access an online Zoom event or webinar:
Signing up and Activating Zoom on your device: access our guide here
Joining a Meeting FAQs: access our guide here
Wifi Connection issues: access our guide here